What is the safest way to use lithium batteries under high load ?
I want to use a couple of 18650 protected lithium batteries (3.7v 2500mAh) to heat up a little bit of nichrome wire (0.16mm, 50ohm/meter). I’ve read that if I use those lithium batteries they might explode so I would like to know what is the trick because I’ve seen them being used with electronic cigarettes and portable tobacco vaporizers which use nichrome wire.
Li-Po can vent to flame of abused. No lithium likes to be dropped, Li-Po is the worse.
If you keep your batteries cool (peltier junction perhaps) you can pull a ton of current.
DealExtreme SKU 19624 UltraFire Protected 18650 3.7V 2400mAh Lithium Batteries (2-Pack Grey)
|New 4 Pcs UltraFire 18650 4000mAh 3.7V Lithium Batteries with Protected Board
|TangsFire® 4pcs 18650 3600mAh 3.7V Protected Li-ion Rechargeable Battery and 2Pcs 18650 battery case (Green)
1.New brand: TangsFire
2.High quality and durable
3.Provides excellent continuous power sources to your device
4.High energy density, long life battery
5.This battery has an extra long life for all your battery powered devices
6.Can be used in laser pointer,Torch Flashlights and other electronic products
|8x 18650 5000mah Li-ion Rechargeable Battery for Ultrafire LED Flashlight Torch
- 8 PCS GOOD 18650 3.7V 5000mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery
|Efest 18650 3400mAh 3.7V Protected li-ion Battery w/ button Top
This is the Efest 3.7V 18650 Protected Cell Li-ion battery NOW with a 3400 mAh Capacity.
One of the longest lasting 18650 batteries you can buy. This battery will fit in most 18650 mods, and it has the protection circuit built in so you don’t have to worry about over discharge or damaging the battery’s life by draining it past 2.5 Volts (like on IMRs).
This is the button top version.
|Ultimate Power Pack – 4x Nitecore 3400mAh 18650 Rechargeable Protected Batteries, Nitecore i4 Intellicharge 4 Channel Smart Charger, Car Adapter & Bonus Lumentac Keychain Light
|EagleTac 3400mAh Protected Li-ion 18650 Rechargeable Battery (1 x 18650)
Uses Panasonic 3400mAh cells, made in Japan Measures only 68mm in height (+/-0.1mm) and 18.5mm in width IC protected for a) over-charge, b) over-discharge, c) short circuit, d) current overflow of 4A+ True protrude top design, fits all flashlights High discharge rate 4A-5A Nominal voltage: 3.7V, charge up to 4.2V, use CC/CV charger to charge Reinforced steel plate bottom, highly efficient pro…
|2 pcs of ThruNite 3400mAh 18650 Protected Battery
18650-3400mah battery Features and Specifications:
- Specially designed for the high-intensity flashlights
- 3400mAh large-capacity battery with outstanding performance
- Triple over-heat protection, safe and reliable
- Unique structural design for better impact-resistant
- Built-in over-charge, over-discharge protection circuit, ensures the max performance of the battery
- Capacity: 3400mAh
|TrustFire Protected 18650 3.7V True 2400mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries Battery (2-Pack)
|Intsun® 2 Pcs UltraFire Protected 18650 4000mAh Rechargeable Batteries Plus Charger
2. New battery
3. High quality and durable
4. Provides excellent continuous power sources to your device
5. High energy density, long life battery
6. This battery has an extra long life for all your battery powered devices
Incoming search terms:
- 18650 protected vs unprotected
- protected vs unprotected batteries
- unprotected battery vs protected battery
- unprotected battery
- protected vs unprotected 18650 battery
- 18650 unprotected
- NCR18650A vs NCR18650B
- 18650 protected
- what is an unprotected battery
- 18650 vs 18650B
- protected vs unprotected 18650 batteries
- protected and unprotected batteries
- cross reference for 18650 13L lithium lion battery
- 18650 protected charger
- protected or unprotected 18650 cell
- what is a protected battery
- what is battery protected
- what is a 18650 unprotected battery
- unprotected 18650 battery
- unprotected vs protected batteries