How can i revive a battery pack on my cordless drill?
I have two battery packs for my 18v Dewalt drill and neither will take a charge. Is there a way to revive them so they will charge up?
I’ve tried using the freezing and heating method, but it did not work. Here’s a method of bringing them back to life by zapping those shorted crystal dendrites away with too much current and/or voltage. You can use a welder as a power source. You could also use a car battery, a DC powersupply, or almost anything with some voltage. Make sure to wear eye protection, match negative with negative and positive with positive, and zap it for 1 – 2 seconds a couple of times and it should be good as new. I ‘d hook up the negative side to the battery first. Then touch the positive to the positive side. You want to see some sparks – it is normal and not to worry. If you’re not sure which is positive or negative on the battery, you can use a volt meter – use the meter also to measure the almost immediate result before and after the battery has been zapped. Repeat the process if the battery is still not holding charge, but I can assure you that you will see a big difference almost right away. The battery companies do not want us to know about it so they can continue to rip us off. Good Luck!
How To fix: Zap a Dead Cordless Drill Battery (nicad repair tutorial)
Incoming search terms:
- what 20v lithium battery interchange
- are black and decker 20 volt lithium ion compatable with dewalt tools
- black & decker and dewalt parts interchangable
- are black & decker 20v batteries interchangeable with Stanley 20v tools
- batteries for porter cable 20 volt
- dewalt interchangeable black decker 20v battery
- sears craftsman 20v vs black and decker 20v
- using black and decker 20v battery in porter cable
- use dewalt bits on black decker
- PORTER-CABLE 20-Volt Max can you use 18v batteries
- porter cable 20v black and decker
- porter cable 20v bateries interchangable
- porter cable 18v lithium battery
- porter cable 18v battery interchangable with
- is there an 18v battery thaata fits porter cable?
- what brand batteries are interchangeable with porter cable 18v
- what brands fit dewalt batteries
- will skill 18v charger work on porter cable
- will porter cable 20volt battery fit black n decker
- will porter cable 20vmax batteries fit black and decker